5 go-to burgers to get your teeth into. You really can’t beat a burger. From gourmet to veggie to classic, we’ve got a nice juicy line-up to tuck into at our Summer Food Fest. Sauce please!
1. Sweet Alabama Smashed Burger at Archie’sWe love Archie’s. It’s a cool hang-out where you might just rub shoulders with a local celeb or two. But don’t go for that. Go for the world-famous shakes, the indulgent waffles and best of all, the handmade smashed burgers. Our personal no.1 is the Sweet Alabama, with double beef, cheese, halal turkey bacon and BBQ sauce.
Our verdict: dee-lish!
2. Bacon Cheeseburger at Five GuysIt’s great when you step into a place and sense the passion for good food, done well. That’s the feeling you get at Five Guys. Every burger is hand-formed and grilled to perfection. Customise with as many free topping as you like and get the burger you’ve always wanted. In our case, the Bacon Cheeseburger with lettuce, jalopeno peppers and hot sauce.
Our verdict: grilled and customised to perfection
3. Kentucky Fried Cauliflower Burger at Wholesome Junkies100% vegan junk food with a wholesome twist. That’s the promise from Manchester’s Wholesome Junkies founder, Chelsea Campbell. We’re up for trying anything and we’re so glad we did. The Kentucky Fried Cauliflower Burger was a revelation, with vegan cheese in a tasty bun. We’re converts!
Our verdict: irresistible vegan junk food
4. Beanie burger at Nando’sHome of the legendary PERi-PERi chicken, Nando’s also does a range of delicious burgers, including chicken and veggie options. We’re big fans of the Double Chicken burger, but our vote this time goes to the lesser known Beanie burger. It’s veggie of course, but don’t expect boring and bland. This is one tasty burger to sink your teeth into.
Our verdict: unexpectedly tasty
5. BBQ burger at McDonald’sOK, so we all know the Big Mac and Quarter Pounder. But have you tried the BBQ from McDonald’s Signature Collection? It’s a burger that’s made for summer, packing in 100% British and Irish beef, bacon, coleslaw, cheddar cheese, red onion, lettuce, all in a soft brioche-style bun. Oh, and don’t forget the tangy BBQ sauce which gives the burger its name.
Our verdict: a classic summer burger