Sitting in the heart of Manchester city centre, we are an active member of the local community and support a range of activities throughout the year.
Community & Charity Support
Manchester Arndale is an active member of the local community and we are proud to support a range of local community groups and charities through fund and awareness raising activities. We focus heavily on building relationships with community groups and charities in order to achieve long-lasting results from projects and campaigns.
Please note: individual 'charity collections' and leafleting are not permitted, also requests solely based on a financial donation, i.e. prizes or goody bags. All fundraising must be part of a wider public awareness raising campaign.
What We Look For
Manchester Arndale receives a high volume of charitable requests and our support must be focused and meet our charity criteria. Before submitting a charity request, please make sure that you can show:
• A meaningful, long term impact to the Manchester community and an ongoing relationship with Manchester Arndale
• You are a charity that is relevant to the Manchester Arndale customer demographic, and that the charity complements the Manchester Arndale brand and the centre’s ongoing service to the people of Manchester
• You are local - preference will be given to groups within the M60 - and have permission to host an event in Manchester Arndale
• Clear and measureable benefits to the local community
• Valid information as to the work carried out by the group / charity
• How your event will work in Manchester Arndale with accompanying photographs where possible
• How interactive your event is - think about how you will engage and inform customers. The more interactive the activity the better customers will engage.
• How the charity fits with Manchester Arndale’s ongoing campaigns or community projects
What We Cannot Support
• Individual 'charity collections'
• Requests solely based on a financial donation, i.e. prizes or goody bags
• Organisations which are not recognised or registered UK charities or community groups
• Charity advertising space, unless specifically linked to a Manchester Arndale funded project
• Personal appeals by or for individuals, including sponsorship for expeditions or overseas trips for individuals or other charities
• Support for political parties or political causes
• Promotion of specific religious ideas or views and support for religious bodies, except where the project is for the benefit of the wider community
Charities that do not directly benefit UK residents (must also benefit a percentage of people living in the immediate catchment area of the centre)
• Year-end deficits
• A charity's core costs including buildings, salaries general running or management costs
• Anything that would replace funds provided by government or statutory authorities and that does not bring additional benefits to people or communities
National Charities and Retailers
Get in touch
If you think your activity fits with the above criteria, please submit your request here and select ‘Charity Request’ within the form.